Would you like to know the command prompt commands, then read below.
Command Prompt is a feature of Windows that provides an entry point for typing MS‑DOS (Microsoft Disk Operating System) commands and other computer commands. As most of people don’t find this tool useful and its commands seem to be boring.
If you ask anyone who used the command prompt, they’ll definitely tell you the uses of this tool.
You can perform any task on your computer, just by typing commands in command prompt without using the Windows graphical interface. There are many other uses of this tool.
Here, in this post I’ll share you some of the command prompt command that will help you at command prompt.
Command Prompt commands tricks and Hacks
1.Ctrl-C : You can use this command to abort any command that is executed. Just hold Ctrl + c to abort any command.
2. F1: Use function key F1 to paste last executed command (character by character)
3. F2: You can paste the last executed command (up to the entered character)
4. F3: It pastes the last executed command
5. F4: It deletes current prompt text up to the entered character
6. F5: Pastes recently executed commands (does not cycle)
7. F6: It pastes ^Z to the prompt
8. F7: Displays a selectable list of previously executed commands
9. F8: Pastes recently executed commands (cycles)
10. F9: By using this function you can Asks for the number of the command from the F7 list to paste
11. help :Type Help to know the list of commands. If you want any specific command information then type Help command-name.
12.mark: To copy text from the command prompt, right click on command prompt window and choose Mark, then highlight text that you want to copy and press enter.
13.copy path of file: you want to specify full path of files or folder at the command prompt. Instead of typing full path of file or folder, you can select folder or file from windows explorer and then you need drag that file or folder to command prompt, to copy the path of the folder or file
14.shutdown /i: This command useful to restart or shut down another computer on your network.
Just type shutdown /I, that will open Remote shutdown dialog box.
Enter name of the remote computer, choose restart/shutdown option and click OK.
15.ipconfig : To view important network information.
16: Use of Arrow keys: Using arrow keys you can save lot of time especially when you repeatedly using commands. The up and down arrow keys cycle through the commands you’ve entered and the right arrow automatically enters, character by character, the last command you executed.
17.Tab: using tab key, you can auto complete file or folder name. Just enter command and portion of the path or file then press tab key over and over to cycle through all of folders.
18.nslookup: Use nslookup command to find the IP address of website. You can also use ping command to know the ip address of website.
19.color: To change the command prompt back ground color. You can also change font color,
Just type color f0 and press enter.
20.title your name: you can put your name in title of the command prompt. For that follow below command
title your-name %time%
That %time% will append the current time stamp to the Window’s title
The above are some of command prompt commands, that can be helpful when you are working with command prompt.
If you would like to add any valid points related to this post, please input your valuable comments.