Usually, people wants to connect two computers for transferring photos, other file and to share internet connection.
How to connect them?.
There are two options :
- Connect using a router
- Use Ethernet cross over cable.
If you want know how to connect two computers using router click on below link.
In this post I will stick to second method that is using Ethernet cross over cable.
Please follow below steps:
Connect Two computers without router.
1) An Ethernet cross over cable looks like a same as Ethernet cable but internal wiring is a little different. You can purchase it from any computer’s store. Before connecting both PC with a cable, make sure that both use same work group.
Please follow below steps to change work group :
- Open control panel.
- Locate : Control Panel\System and Security\System.
- Click on change button computer name of system properties dialog box.
2) Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Advanced sharing settings.
Then select “Turn on network discovery” and select “Turn on file and printer sharing option”.
Then Select “Turn off public folder sharing” under public folder sharing option.
3) Connect the two computers together using the Ethernet cross over cable just by plug-in one end to one computer and another end to another computer.
4) Windows will automatically recognize the new network. Press Window+E button to open window explorer. Then click on Network to locate other computer by it name. Now, You share files between two computers and even you can access shared printers.
Share Internet Connection between Two Computers
When will you share internet between two computers?
Assume that you have WiFi set up at home but your computer does not have network cards. You can still connect to internet through your laptop to the computer with the help of Ethernet cross over cable.
How to connect?
Please follow below steps to share internet between two computers.
- First of all, Connect two computers with the Ethernet cross over cable and then turn on “Internet connection sharing in the computer that already has internet connection”.
- Go Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections.
- Right click on network connection that has connected to the internet and then select properties.
- Switch to sharing tab and then check the option that says “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”. Click OK.
Therefore, two computers shares internet connection
Do you like the post?. If yes then share it with your friends.
If you would like to add any valid point to improve this article then please share your comments below.